3 Nov 2011

I HAD A LITTLE BROTHER


When I was a teacher trainer I taught my students to sing nursery rhymes, to read, or rather, to tell stories and to say rhymes with the adequate rhythm and intonation. This is one of my favourite rhymes. I couldn't find a recording I liked (the one I was taught as a kid) so I did my own recording!



I HAD A LITTLE BROTHER
                                   
I had a little brother,
His name was Tiny Tim.
I put him in the bath tub
To teach him how to swim.

He drank up all the water,
He ate up all the soap.
He died last night
With a bubble in his throat.

In came the doctor.
In came the nurse.
In came the lady
With the alligator purse.

“Dead,” said the doctor.
“Dead,” said the nurse.
“Dead!” said the lady
With the alligator purse.

Out came the doctor.
Out came the nurse.
Out came the lady
With the alligator purse.

When I sang it as a kid with my classmates I always imagined the lady with an alligator purse such as this one:


No comments:

Post a Comment