19 Oct 2012

WILFRID GORDON MCDONALD PARTRIDGE by Mem Fox and Julie Vivas

Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge is the story of a little boy with a long name who lives next door to an old people's home. He is a good boy with a golden heart. He is so kind as to find the things that will help his neighbours and himself.















This is a beautiful story written by someone special, so special as Mem Fox.
The story blends perfectly with the kind and kinaesthetic illustrations of Julie Vivas.


















This book comes to prove again that no topics are not suitable for children: it depends on how they are dealt with. 

1 comment:

  1. First, I want to say I adore this book and the sensitive, yet humorous portrayal of inter-generational friendships.

    Second, thank you for linking to my blog! I couldn't find your contact information, so I felt this was the next best thing. I very much appreciate the link and I'm always happy to know that people are reading and enjoying my reviews! I'll be starting a new blog to be revealed on Jan 1 and I hope it will be interesting to you as well.

    Best,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete